In VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, Tanzu Kubernetes clusters are the Kubernetes clusters in which your application workloads run. Tanzu Kubernetes Grid automatically deploys clusters to the platform on which you deployed the management cluster. For example, you cannot deploy clusters to Amazon EC2 or Azure from a management cluster that is running in vSphere, or the reverse. It is not possible to use shared services between the different providers.
When you deploy Tanzu Kubernetes (workload) clusters to AWS, you must specify options in the cluster configuration file to identify the resources that cluster uses.
Deploy workload cluster
- The template below includes all of the options that are relevant to deploy Tanzu Kubernetes clusters on Amazon EC2
Create an application
- Since the workload cluster is deployed, lets deploy a simple application. I have used the image that is already present in my docker registry.
- Login to AWS console > AWS services > VPC > Subnets > select public subnet created by TKG > Tags
- Login to AWS console, navigate to EC2 > Load Balancers
- Check for newly created load balancer as shown below and verify the state, health check.
Access the Application
- Open the browser and copy the load balancer DNS name followed by port 8080
Cute Puppies right ! .. Thanks for Reading.