VCAP 6 - Deploy:
On Aug 5th Monday 2019, I have given VCAP 6 (VMware certified Advanced professional - DCV ) and completed with score of 346. It was a indeed the second toughest exam I have completed till date, of course first comes the Design which I am still struggling to crack.
Exam had 27 questions with 305 minutes, Time is a crucial factor to complete, finally I ended by answering just 23 questions and I left the exam hall disappointed for not answering all the them. Got my result at 11:30 PM IST the next after the exam and was really excited to see the final result, was really proud to get first VCAP certification which I was dreaming from past many years.
I have spent several hours on labs practicing different functionalities and looking at all the features / options available. Since I have been working on same vSphere version from past 4 years, I literally got used to most of the options in vCenter page.
Apart from labs, I have refereed below pages and this really to answer the questions without much hassle:
Here are some of the important topics for you to refer and practice in lab:
- Vdp configure the schedule
- Dvs config (import and export)
- Powershell script regarding clone
- Install custom certificates in vcenter
- Question on host profiles
- iscsi adapters configurations
- NFS config and mount points
- Syslog configurations
- esxtop to get utilization report
- Update manager
- VM templates
- Content library
- Permissions ( roles configure)
- VM configuration changes
- vSAN policies
- Administration policies of vCenter.